Oireachtas education committee scheduled for 9th April
Fórsa is hosting a series of nationwide public meetings as part of its school secretaries campaign, Support Our Secretaries.
The series of meetings commences next Monday (4th March) at the Teachers Centre in Waterford.
Meetings are open to staff, parents, and all members of the school community, as well as public representatives in each region.
Fórsa lead organiser Joe O’Connor said meetings are open to staff, parents, and all members of the school community, as well as public representatives in each region.
“We’re inviting all of these stakeholders to come along to hear from school secretaries in their community, and about the campaign for respect and fair conditions for all school secretaries,” he said.
Joe added that a hearing of the Oireachtas education committee, in relation to the status of non-teaching staff in schools, has been scheduled for 9th April.
Fórsa is currently finalising a written submission to the committee. The deadline for submissions closes next Tuesday (5th March).
Public meeting details
- Waterford: Monday 4th March, Teachers Centre, Newtown Road, Waterford at 7pm
- Cork: Monday 11th March, Imperial Hotel Cork at 7pm
- Dublin Bay North: Wednesday 13th March, Le Chéile Community Centre, Donnycarney, Dublin 9 at 8.30pm
- Galway PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE: Monday 25th March, The Harbour Hotel, New Dock Street Galway at 8pm
- Limerick: Thursday 28th March, Fórsa Midwest regional office, Roxborough Road, Limerick at 7pm
Download the latest edition of the Support Our Secretaries newsletter here.