Fórsa is preparing to ballot its members for industrial action in an all-union campaign to improve public service pay as inflation bites.
We will be seeking your support for industrial action – if necessary – to support the union’s claim for improved incomes as the cost of home heating, fuel, food, housing, childcare, and many other essentials continues to soar.
If you’re a Fórsa member you can have your say, and you’ll receive a ballot paper shortly.
If you haven’t yet joined the union, you have no vote and no say.
What’s more, your delay helps the Government to sell you and your colleagues short when it comes to decent pay. Because our leverage and influence are determined by our collective membership strength. If you join Fórsa now, you will be included in the ballot. A strong union with full membership means:
- Your living standards protected and improved
- Better working conditions, like the recent Fórsa-negotiated restoration of Haddington Road hours
- Representation when things go wrong at work, including disciplinaries, changes to working conditions and ‘fitness to practise’ cases
- A range of free helplines and financial benefits that can offset your union subs, including €5,000 personal accident insurance plus critical illness or death benefit *
- The opportunity to participate and voice your opinions in a strong, campaigning union
- The safety and solidarity that comes from being part of Ireland’s leading public service union.
Fórsa’s influence on Government policy and employers depends on the union’s collective membership strength. If you’re in the union, the union is stronger. If the union is stronger, you’re stronger too.
To join Fórsa, visit www.forsa.ie/join/ or contact us at https://www.forsa.ie/contact/.
Read our FAQ on Fórsa’s industrial action ballot HERE.
* Spouses benefit from €5,000 critical illness and death benefit too. Terms and conditions apply.